Swiftcover was founded in 2005 and is now a fully owned subsidiary of AXA UK plc. – operating online and via their call centres based in Kent and Teesside. Perhaps one of the most memorable marketing campaigns associated with Swiftcover is the high-energy ad featuring music icon, Iggy Pop – since then their advertising has changed, however they continue to provide an diverse range of insurance packages, featuring home building and contents cover, amongst their extensive portfolio. These can call be found out about in more detail through calling the Swiftcover contact number.
Despite finding a wealth of information online (www.swiftcover.com), including claim procedures, quotations and policy options, it is often preferable to discuss situations one-to-one. If you wish to speak to a member of Swiftcover’s home insurance department please use the contact number provided – where your call will be efficiently connected. Please note that queries can also be emailed via Swiftcover’s website, however you may have to wait 24-hours for a response.
Swiftcover Home Insurance – an at-a-glance reference
Individual customers have specific home insurance requirements, therefore Swiftcover home insurance enquiries naturally vary in nature. For your convenience we have compiled a list of regularly raised topics associated with Swift’s home and contents packages.
Making a claim using Swiftcover’s 24/7 service
There are steps you can take to ensure this process runs smoothly:
- Where possible ensure any further damage to your home or belongings is kept to a minimum.
- Theft, loss of malicious damage of property must be reported to the police – Swiftcover will require a crime number when processing your claim.
- Ascertain which level of cover you have and identify the amount of excess in place – these details can be found online (via your ‘Swift Space’ account) or on you policy documents.
- Claims can be made either online or by telephone – Swiftcover staff are available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.
- Each claim is assessed individually and claimants are kept up-to-date by email, phone or online.
Obtaining a Swiftcover home insurance quote is easily achievable online or via telephone, however you choose to request yours, it is advisable to have some basic details to hand, including:
- The date your property was built (e.g. pre-1920s).
- Information regarding the materials used to build your property, e.g. are the walls made from concrete, brick or stone?
- Is there are history of flooding at your property and if so, has there been such an incident within the last 10 years?
Furthermore, essential policy information will also be asked for, such as:
- The number of home insurance claims you have made in the past 5 years.
- The length of time you have held building and/or contents insurance.
- It is also important to advise Swiftcover if you wish to arrange a joint policy.
Are you aware that Swiftcover home insurance can include added extras like, ‘Family Legal Protection’?
This could provide up to £50,000 of legal protection if the unfortunate need for civil action should arise – you will also receive access to a free legal helpline and uninsured legal services such as conveyancing and will writing, at a reduced rate. To arrange a quotation or to upgrade an existing policy please call the Swiftcover contact number provided, alternatively swiftcover.com features a wealth of information.
Swiftcover home insurance comprises numerous elements, therefore if calling to request specific details it is beneficial to state which service you require from:
- Home insurance and/or contents cover
- Family Legal Protection
- Accidental Damage
- Home Assistance e.g. blocked drains or a faulty boiler
- Garden cover – providing up to £2000 worth of insurance
- Student Cover – added easily to ‘contents’ or ‘home & contents’ insurance
- Bicycle insurance – covering both bikes and accessories